Session 2 – Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome with Dr Lee Herrington – Part 2
The Physio Matters Podcast
Putting big mouths and big ideas behind microphones.
The Physio Matters Podcast is a feature of Chews Health’s third core value ‘We Educate’. Episodes will feature expert, honest advice, delivered directly to listeners at no cost.
The Physio Matters Podcast content hopes to be clinical gold delivered direct.
Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine information for those working in physiotherapy, sports therapy, sports rehabilitation, medicine and all divisions of the healthcare industry.
Session 2 – Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome Part 2 with Dr Lee Herrington.
Session 2 continues our podcast and features part two of our interview with Dr Lee Herrington of Salford University and the English Institute of Sport, discussing all things Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, anterior knee pain, runners knee, call it what you wish!
- Podcast intro and thanks.
- 1:10 – 3:00
- Introduction of broad case study.
- Subjective markers: Load tolerance.
- 3:00 – 4:15
- Subjective Markers: Pain descriptors.
- 4:15 – 9:20
- Objective assessment: Importance of functional and weight bearing assessment.
- Single leg squat.
- Symptom influence and modification.
- 9:20 – 12:30
- Lee’s common ‘go-to’ treatment directions.
- Quads, glutes, dorsiflexion, 1st MTPJ.
- 12:30 – 18:50
- Use of objective markers, outcome measures and functional questionnaires.
- 18:50 – 21:20
- Podiatric changes, footfall, distal biomechanics and orthotics.
- 21:20 – 30:00
- The ITB. Villain or scapegoat?
- 30:00 – 35:15
- Return to play.
- 35:15 – 40:30
- Common mistakes and missed opportunities.
- Pet hates and hopes to dispel myths surrounding PFJ and rehab.
- 40:30 – 43:00
- Lee’s ‘top reads’ and how to find more from him.
- 43:00 – 44:20
- Plugs and outro.
- The TPM Podcast show-notes newsletter.
Twitter: @TPMPodcast @chews_health.