The Physio Matters Podcast
Putting big mouths and big ideas behind microphones.
The Physio Matters Podcast is a feature of Chews Health’s third core value ‘We Educate’. Episodes will feature expert, honest advice, delivered directly to listeners at no cost.
The Physio Matters Podcast content hopes to be clinical gold delivered direct.
Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine information for those working in physiotherapy, sports therapy, sports rehabilitation, medicine and all divisions of the healthcare industry.
Session 3 – The Rugby Shoulder with Dr Ian Horsley
Session 3 of our podcast features an interview with Dr Ian Horsley of the English Institute of Sport, discussing his recent research into the the rugby shoulder and his years of experience in the field of sports injury rehabilitation.
- Podcast intro.
- Pre-listening (Physio Edge Podcast with Dr Jeremy Lewis)
- 1:20 – 8:10
- Dr Ian Horsley intro and story so far.
- 8:10 – 9:45
- Why the shoulder?
- 9:45 – 12:15
- The movement away from orthopedic frameworks.
- 12:15 – 18:45
- Slower ‘movement’ in the sporting realm?
- Imaging discussed.
- 18:45 – 22:50
- Assessment of ‘optimal movement’
- Management of acute shoulder trauma.
- 22:50 – 30:20
- Rugby tackling and proprioceptive acuity.
- Ian’s recent ‘rugby shoulder’ research explained.
- 30:20 – 34:45
- Managing recurrence rates in rugby.
- Rugby S&C discussed.
- 34:45 – 37:20
- Consequences of contact on the shoulder.
- Surgery in sport discussed.
- 37:20 – 42:30
- Shoulder rehab and prehab.
- Rotator cuff intricacies discussed.
- 42:30 – 47:35
- Managing the shoulder without treating the shoulder.
- 47:35 – 49:10
- Stability testing.
- 49:10 – 53:45
- Acromio and sterno clavicular joints discussed.
- Management of ACJ separation.
- 53:45 – 55:25
- Conservative management of labral lesions.
- 55:25 – 1:00:00
- The weakness of strength training.
- Pet hate #1 BENCH PRESS.
- 1:00:00 – 1:02:00
- Return to sport.
- 1:02:00 – 1:04:10
- The neurodynamic ‘stinger’ discussed.
- 1:04:10 – 1:05:40
- Plugs and further reading.
- 1:04:10 – 1:06:45
- Podcast shownotes newsletter.
Twitter: @TPMPodcast @chews_healthGo back
The Physio Matters Podcast Putting big mouths and big ideas behind microphones.The Physio Matters Podcast is a feature of Chews Health’s third core value ‘We Educate’. Episodes feature expert,
Six months ago we were introduced to the Manchester Village Spartans RUFC who were looking for a healthcare partnership to keep their players well and get any injured personnel